Several neighborhoods around the 2Division Nigeria Army at Odogbo in Ibadan are in a state of chaos after two people were shot by stray gunshots from the barracks’ shooting range.
The FidelinfoNews gathered that it was discovered that one of the victims, a child around the age of 10, was named Daniel, while the other victim, an adult, was known as Baba Ajeri.
The two patients were reportedly being treated by army medical staff after being transported to the hospital located inside the barracks.
Residents disclosed that the two of them were hit by bullets as the shooting continued on Friday.
They said their buildings, especially roofs, had been damaged by a volley of bullets from the shooting range while many of them stayed indoors in order to escape the flying bullets
One of the leaders in the community, Alhaji Kareem Ijeru disclosed that the fresh round of shooting was intense on Friday night and many residents had to park their vehicles outside their homes.
He said, “They have started again. We have been going through this for years. They started again yesterday and it was very bad last night.
Everybody stayed indoors and we all laid down flat to avoid being hit by bullets right inside out homes. The shooting continued this morning and unfortunately, two persons were hit.
“They have been rushed to the hospital in the barracks. The bullets which hit Baba Ajeri have not been removed but Daniel I lucky, I was told the one that hit him has been extracted.
“We have staged protests, we have complained to the army on many occasions but the situation has not changed.”
Another resident, Ade Owolabi, said many landlords in the area had packed out of their houses to rent accommodation in other places to save their lives.
“Some of our people have developed hypertension as a result of constant fear. But is this how we will continue to live in danger? President Muhammadu Buhari should help us,” he said.
The officer in charge of Information at 2 Division Nigeria Army, Lt. Col Charles Ekeocha, when contacted on the telephone told THE PUNCH correspondent that he was not on the ground but would call and get back.
Breaking: ICPC Detains D’banj Over Alleged Diversion Of N-Power Funds
Oladapo Oyebanji, better known by his stage name D’banj, has been detained by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) over the alleged misappropriation of N-Power budget.
Fidel Info reports that the musician was apprehended and held Tuesday when ICPC agents closed in on him and forced him to present himself at the agency’s Abuja headquarters.
D’banj allegedly avoided summons for weeks by claiming to be abroad for scheduled concerts each time he was asked to appear for questioning over fraud allegations.
The pop musician, a famous and wealthy Nigerian, is charged with defrauding the Nigerian government out of hundreds of naira intended for the N-Power project, an empowerment initiative launched by the Nigerian government in 2016 to combat youth unemployment and advance social development.
Investigators contend that D’banj conspired with some tainted government representatives to add fictitious beneficiaries to the scheme’s payroll. Then, the recipients get payments into accounts that are now purportedly connected to the pop star.
After the musician failed to show up for interrogation despite multiple invitations, the ICPC moved to arrest him, forcing him to show up at the commission’s office on Tuesday.
Sources say, on arrival, D’banj was subjected to a prolonged interrogation session after which he was detained. His plea for administrative bail was rejected by officials who said the musician could not be trusted to attend his trial if released on bail.
Sources state that the ICPC might approach the court on Wednesday for an extended remand order to enable the agency complete its investigation before charging the musician to court.
Squid Game Actor O Yeong-su Charged With Sexual Misconduct
Squid Game actor O Yeong-su has been charged with sexual misconduct, South Korean judicial officials say.
Fidel Info reports that The 78-year-old is accused of touching a woman inappropriately in 2017, officials said.
Mr O has denied the allegation according to local media.
He became the first South Korean actor to win a Golden Globe award for best supporting actor in a series after his performance in the chart-topping Netflix thriller earlier this year.
The alleged victim first filed a complaint with the police against Mr O in December last year, according to Yonhap news agency. But the case was closed in April without a charge being brought against Mr O.
The prosecution has now reopened the investigation “at the request of the victim.”
Mr O has now been charged without detention, it adds.
Following the charge, Seoul’s culture ministry decided to stop broadcasting a government commercial featuring Mr O, according to local reports cited by AFP news agency.
Squid Game – Netflix’s most popular series of all time – is a thriller series which tells the story of debt-ridden people competing for a huge cash prize in a deadly series of children’s games.
Mr O plays the oldest participant in the survival competition.
Insecurity: Bandits Impose Levies On Communities In Zamfara
A ‘compensation levy’ of varying amounts has reportedly been imposed on some communities in Zurmi LGA of Zamfara State.
Fidel Info reports that a resident of Moriki, in one of the communities in the local council, Aliyu Buhari, said the bandits had, through released captives, demanded that they be paid the levy before residents will be allowed access to their farmlands.
Buhari said some communities have paid and agreed on a reconciliation deal with the bandits, adding that residents of Moriki are currently working on raising the levy.
“People living in Moriki ward were asked to pay the sum of N20 million to be able to enjoy some level of peace,” he said.
Recently, two people were kidnapped from Dauran community in the council and a ransom was paid for their release, while in Kanwa, over 40 people, who are mostly women, were abducted during a house-to-house search by the terrorists.
The bandits are yet to demand any ransom for the release of the abducted persons.
The bandits had earlier imposed a compensation levy of N20 million on Kanwa community. The levy is to serve as a peace deal between the terrorists and the community.
Despite paying the levy, the residents are currently living in tension, as they believe that the recent mass abduction may lead to another levy.
“Currently, people of Moriki community are processing how to contribute the compensation fee. The fee is to enable them to access their farmlands and live peacefully without any fear of attack,” Buhari continued.
Many communities have already paid the compensation fee. Most of them yielded during the rainy season when farmers needed to work on their farmlands.
“In Moriki, during the rainy season, people were allowed to farm, but they started to threaten our peace when it was time to harvest our farm produce.
“Each household in Moriki has been asked to contribute N6,500 to make up the N20 million levy.”
“I understand that the deadline for the payment was last week Saturday, but the community is still working towards sourcing the money.”
“Some communities that have been asked to pay compensation levy include Gidan Shaho, Kadamutsa, and Dada.”
General4 weeks ago
BREAKING: AbdulRazaq Nominates New Commissioners
News2 weeks ago
Kwara APC Releases Names Of Key Officers Of State Campaign Council
News2 weeks ago
Kwara APC Welcomes Thousands of Defectors From Other Parties
Business6 days ago
Jobs Creation: Kwara Garment Factory Ready For Commissioning
General1 week ago
Gov Adeleke’s First Day In Office Off To A Violent Start
Governance4 weeks ago
Kwara: Osi-Obbo-Aiyegunle Road Will Be Ready This Year – Gov AbdulRazaq
News3 weeks ago
Tinubu Is The Most Progressive Path To A Greater Nigeria-Kwara Governor
News2 weeks ago
Another Icon Exits: Kwara Gov Mourns Justice Titi Daibu