Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Igboho, has told President Muhammadu Buhari that large-scale killing of civilians such as the one that happened during the civil war of 1967 to 1970 will never be allowed to repeat itself.
In a recent statement issued by his spokesperson, Olayomi Koiki,the Nigerian separatist leader allege a ‘pernicious agenda’ by a particular tribe in the country.
Recall that President Buhari had on Tuesday called on political leaders to stay focused and uphold the ultimate objective of promoting the interest of the country, saying, Nigeria cannot afford another civil war.
Igboho, who is pushing for Nigeria to split, has reacted.
His statement reads in part: “We know President Muhammadu Buhari is the Patron of all the Fulani worldwide. But Yoruba Land can never be conquered by Fulani.
President Muhammadu Buhari was reminding Nnamdi Kanu and the Igbos of the massacre they carried out during the Biafra War. The President should know that this can never be repeated again in any of our Land.
“We have all woken up to Fulani Agenda.”
Although, he is still campaigning for seccession through digital means, Igboho has remained in the Republic of Benin since 2021.
BREAKING: Heavy Security In Osun Over Supreme Court Hearing On PDP Ticket
There is heavy security in Osogbo capital of Osun State ahead of the Supreme court judgment in the suit of Prince Dotun Babayemi challenging the candidacy of Governor-elect Senator Ademola Adeleke as the 2022 guber flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).
Prior to Osun 2022 governorship election, different primaries produced Babayemi and Adeleke but the the National Working Committee of PDP and Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) recognised the former as the authentic candidate of the party.
Babayemi challenged the recognition of Adeleke as the candidate of the party before the Federal High Court and Appeal Court but lost.
He approached the Supreme Court after Adeleke emerged Governor-elect to be declared the authentic candidate of the party because right delegates voted for him.
Supreme court has fixed Thursday for judgement on the suit challenging Adeleke’s candidacy of PDP.
There was heavy security at popular Ola-Iya junction Osogbo as Police, Nigeria Army, Hunters, Amotekun and other security agencies stationed thier patrol vans at the flyover.
Security operatives, numbering over 100, displayed show of strength at the early hours of Thursday before they finally manned Ola-Iya, Old-Garage and Oke-Fia junctions.
A top security source told The Nation: “We manned the flashpoints across the state because of the Supreme court judgement on Adeleke and Babayemi holding in Abuja today. We are on ground to prevent break down of laws and order.”
BREAKING: NECO releases 2022 results
The National Examinations Council, (NECO) has released this year’s Senior School CERTIFICATE Examinations, (Internal) results.
The number of candidates who made Credit and above in the English language is 889,188 representing 74.89% while the number of candidates who made Credit and above in Mathematics is 929,140 representing 78.23%.
The result also shows that the number of candidates who made five credits and above including English and Mathematics is 727,864 representing 60.74%.
Total number of candidates who actually sat for the examination is. 1,198,412 out of 1,209,703 actually registered for the examinations.
BREAKING: Ondo Deep Seaport Gets FG’s Support
Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, said the Federal Government would soon officially declare the proposed Ondo seaport facility as a deep seaport, to herald the commencement of other processes at the facility.
The FidelinfoNews reports that Sambo, in a statement by his Director of Press and Public Relations, Mr Eric Ojiekwe, gave the indication when he received Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State on Wednesday.
The minister commended the steps taken so far by the state government to prepare for the Federal Government’s declaration on the port.
After listening to a technical presentation by the consultants to the Ondo State Government, Sambo said the Federal Government would not hesitate to make the Ondo port declaration, pursuant to Section 30 of the Ports Act.
He added that this would be done after all the prerequisites established by the extant laws were met.
“We want to see this port come to life before the end of this administration; having another deep seaport will do a lot of good to the blue economy policy of the Federal Government,” Sambo stated.
On flurry of seaports, Sambo said it was a positive thing as the presence of the Atlantic Ocean, the Rivers Niger and Benue, position Nigeria to harness, explore and export its rich minerals to other countries.
According to the minister, there are only two deep seaports in Nigeria, while all others are river ports, including Apapa and Tin-Can ports.
He said that the development of a deep seaport in Ondo was a welcome development to the country at large.
Earlier, Governor Akeredolu said the visit was to acquaint the Transport Ministry with the state’s vision of developing a deep seaport in Ilaje, Ondo, in accordance with the Federal Government’s module of Public Private Partnership.
Akeredolu said the port would bring enormous socio-economic benefits to the Federal Government, the state and the host communities.
He added that Dubai Port and China Habour were among the many international partners that signalled their interest in developing the port.
Also, The Minister of State for Transportation, Ademola Adegoroye, said the Ondo State Government had made a compelling case for the port.
According to Adegoroye, the minister is a seasoned technocrat, having ventured across the board of the Nigerian Ports Authority and the National Inland Waterways, and knows the importance of the Port Ondo project.
He, therefore, assured the Ondo governor that the Transport Ministry would attach priority to the project.
He said the ministry would like to see the Port come to life before the end of the tenure of office. (NAN)
Politics3 days ago
Breaking: Peter Obi’s Kwara Campaign Coordinator Passes Vote Of Confidence, Erect Billboard For Governor AbdulRazaq
News3 weeks ago
PDP NEC: Saraki Deletes Tweet Blaming Own Party PDP Over 2nd Niger Bridge
Politics4 weeks ago
Amid Crisis, PDP Deputy Chairman Dumps Party, Sends Letter To Ayu
Politics1 week ago
JUST IN: PDP Govs Reportedly Dump Atiku, Drums Support For Tinubu’s Presidency
News2 weeks ago
JUST IN: Drama As State Gov Locks Out Civil Servants From Govt House Over Lateness
News6 days ago
Saraki A Taxi Without Garage, Can’t Win A Polling Unit In Kwara – Wike
Politics4 days ago
Presidential Campaign Council: Aggrieved APC Governors Threatens To Withdraw Support For Tinubu
News4 weeks ago
BREAKING: Buhari Appoints New NSPMC Managing Director