Connect with us

Crime

BREAKING: Tension As Arsonists Set Ablaze Resident Of Top APC Chieftain

Published

on

Unidentified arsonists, in the early hours of Wednesday, set ablaze the residence of Alhaji Abubakar Usman, aka Young Alhaji, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress APC, in Otukpo, Benue State.

The residence located at GRA, Otukpo was said to have been set on fire around 3:00 am by unknown arsonists.

The fire was said to have razed the front section of the building, which housed the security post and auxiliary buildings.

Alhaji Abubakar, a one-time senatorial candidate of Benue South had, a few days ago, displayed a mock coffin with a condolence register of APC at the front of his house.

This some party members in the area interpreted to mean the death of APC.
The display of the coffin and condolence register was to express his displeasure with the leadership of APC in the state over the choice of deputy governorship candidate he (Abubakar) and others opposed to.

When contacted on the phone, Alhaji Abubakar, who confirmed the fire incident said that he personally placed the mock coffin to let the leadership of the party know that something is wrong with the party in the area.

He said, “Yes, they set fire on my house in Otukpo. It affected the security house.
Asked why he displayed a mock coffin in the front of his house, Abubakar said, “I kept the casket to show that our party APC is about to die and there is a need to save it. It is just a message.

“Today is the fourth day the coffin was placed in front of my residence. I am the one that kept the coffin there. I did that because of the happenings in the party in my zone.
I did that to show that if something is not done quickly, the party will call for oxygen.

“The crisis is over deputy governorship nomination which some people like John Ochoga, Simon Shango, and Tilley Gyado are insisting on Samuel Ode while I as the leader of the party in the zone is told that it should go to Apa/Agatu.”

The APC chieftain who said he was not leaving the party said that he was not suspecting anybody, “but whoever that has done it is not far from a member of my party in the zone.”

He added, “They burnt down my security house. The police and DSS are aware. I and my workers put out the fire.”

Efforts to get the reaction of Police Public Relations Officer, Catherine Anene, were unsuccessful as she didn’t take her calls.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Squid Game Actor O Yeong-su Charged With Sexual Misconduct

Published

on

Squid Game actor O Yeong-su has been charged with sexual misconduct, South Korean judicial officials say.

Fidel Info reports that The 78-year-old is accused of touching a woman inappropriately in 2017, officials said.

Mr O has denied the allegation according to local media.

He became the first South Korean actor to win a Golden Globe award for best supporting actor in a series after his performance in the chart-topping Netflix thriller earlier this year.

The alleged victim first filed a complaint with the police against Mr O in December last year, according to Yonhap news agency. But the case was closed in April without a charge being brought against Mr O.

The prosecution has now reopened the investigation “at the request of the victim.”

Mr O has now been charged without detention, it adds.

Following the charge, Seoul’s culture ministry decided to stop broadcasting a government commercial featuring Mr O, according to local reports cited by AFP news agency.

Squid Game – Netflix’s most popular series of all time – is a thriller series which tells the story of debt-ridden people competing for a huge cash prize in a deadly series of children’s games.

Mr O plays the oldest participant in the survival competition.

Source: BBC

Continue Reading

Crime

Insecurity: Bandits Impose Levies On Communities In Zamfara

Published

on

A ‘compensation levy’ of varying amounts has reportedly been imposed on some communities in Zurmi LGA of Zamfara State.

Fidel Info reports that a resident of Moriki, in one of the communities in the local council, Aliyu Buhari, said the bandits had, through released captives, demanded that they be paid the levy before residents will be allowed access to their farmlands.

Buhari said some communities have paid and agreed on a reconciliation deal with the bandits, adding that residents of Moriki are currently working on raising the levy.

“People living in Moriki ward were asked to pay the sum of N20 million to be able to enjoy some level of peace,” he said.

Recently, two people were kidnapped from Dauran community in the council and a ransom was paid for their release, while in Kanwa, over 40 people, who are mostly women, were abducted during a house-to-house search by the terrorists.

The bandits are yet to demand any ransom for the release of the abducted persons.

The bandits had earlier imposed a compensation levy of N20 million on Kanwa community. The levy is to serve as a peace deal between the terrorists and the community.

Despite paying the levy, the residents are currently living in tension, as they believe that the recent mass abduction may lead to another levy.

“Currently, people of Moriki community are processing how to contribute the compensation fee. The fee is to enable them to access their farmlands and live peacefully without any fear of attack,” Buhari continued.

Many communities have already paid the compensation fee. Most of them yielded during the rainy season when farmers needed to work on their farmlands.

“In Moriki, during the rainy season, people were allowed to farm, but they started to threaten our peace when it was time to harvest our farm produce.

“Each household in Moriki has been asked to contribute N6,500 to make up the N20 million levy.”

“I understand that the deadline for the payment was last week Saturday, but the community is still working towards sourcing the money.”

“Some communities that have been asked to pay compensation levy include Gidan Shaho, Kadamutsa, and Dada.”

Continue Reading

Crime

Terrorists Abduct Zamfara District Head

Published

on

Terrorists have abducted the district head of Kwangami village, Muhammad Galadima, and six others in the Zurmi Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

Fidel Info reports that an indigene, Dahiru Amadu, said that the victims were abducted by heavily armed terrorists on Monday.

Amadu said there was pandemonium in the village as residents tried to escape the  attack, adding that several people were injured.

 He stated that the district head and the six other persons were picked up in their houses and taken to the bandits’ camp.

“We are currently living in fear because the bandits are always around us abducting our people and asking for ransom.

 “Just recently, they abducted 10 of our people on their farmlands who are still in captivity because we cannot pay the ransom,” he added.

The six residents of Kazauda village, Gusau LGA who were abducted a few days ago, have been released by the bandits following the payment of N4m ransom.

Continue Reading

Trending