Connect with us

Crime

N800,000: Kwara Police Arrest Three Suspects For Alleged Armed Robbery

Published

on

The FidelinfoNews reports that three suspects have been arrested by police for an alleged criminal conspiracy and armed robbery in Kwara state.

They are Abubakar Mohammed, Mohammed Bello, and Mohammed Bello.

The suspects allegedly broke into Mohammed Usman’s home in Oorsha Fulani Camp in Ilorin at around 00:30 on June 30, 2022, according to a report by SP Okasanmi Ajayi, spokesman for the Kwara State Police command.

According to him, the four armed men inflicted several machete cuts on the heads and bodies of Mohammed Usman and his wife in a bid to rob them of N800,000, being proceeds of cows sold earlier in the day.

A neighbour of the couple, one Abubakar Mohammed, allegedly leaked the information about the money to the armed men which prompted the deadly attack on the couple.

According to the police spokesman, the armed men carted away the money and disappeared into the bush after the vicious attack.

Okasanmi said, “however, discreet investigation into the matter ernerstly commenced as directed by the State Police Commissioner, Tuesday Assayomo, with a matching order that the criminals be smoked out and made to face justice.

“The investigation yielded positive results, as the Command’s Tactical teams, in conjunction with vigilante and local hunters started a relentless combing of the bushes, in the cause of which three suspects, Mohammed Bello ‘m’, Mohamed Bello ‘m’ and Abubakar Mohammed ‘m” were arrested.

“During interrogation, the suspects confessed to the crime and took the investigators to their armory wherein, one Ak-47 rifle, one cut-to- size locally made pistol and one mask were recovered,” Okasanmi disclosed.

He said efforts were still in progress towards arresting the leader of the gang who is still at large.

“The suspects would be charged to court at the conclusion of the investigations,” he added.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Breaking: ICPC Detains D’banj Over Alleged Diversion Of N-Power Funds

Published

on

Oladapo Oyebanji, better known by his stage name D’banj, has been detained by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) over the alleged misappropriation of N-Power budget.

Fidel Info reports that the musician was apprehended and held Tuesday when ICPC agents closed in on him and forced him to present himself at the agency’s Abuja headquarters.

D’banj allegedly avoided summons for weeks by claiming to be abroad for scheduled concerts each time he was asked to appear for questioning over fraud allegations.

The pop musician, a famous and wealthy Nigerian, is charged with defrauding the Nigerian government out of hundreds of naira intended for the N-Power project, an empowerment initiative launched by the Nigerian government in 2016 to combat youth unemployment and advance social development.

Investigators contend that D’banj conspired with some tainted government representatives to add fictitious beneficiaries to the scheme’s payroll. Then, the recipients get payments into accounts that are now purportedly connected to the pop star.

After the musician failed to show up for interrogation despite multiple invitations, the ICPC moved to arrest him, forcing him to show up at the commission’s office on Tuesday.

Sources say, on arrival, D’banj was subjected to a prolonged interrogation session after which he was detained. His plea for administrative bail was rejected by officials who said the musician could not be trusted to attend his trial if released on bail.

Sources state that the ICPC might approach the court on Wednesday for an extended remand order to enable the agency complete its investigation before charging the musician to court.

Continue Reading

Crime

Squid Game Actor O Yeong-su Charged With Sexual Misconduct

Published

on

Squid Game actor O Yeong-su has been charged with sexual misconduct, South Korean judicial officials say.

Fidel Info reports that The 78-year-old is accused of touching a woman inappropriately in 2017, officials said.

Mr O has denied the allegation according to local media.

He became the first South Korean actor to win a Golden Globe award for best supporting actor in a series after his performance in the chart-topping Netflix thriller earlier this year.

The alleged victim first filed a complaint with the police against Mr O in December last year, according to Yonhap news agency. But the case was closed in April without a charge being brought against Mr O.

The prosecution has now reopened the investigation “at the request of the victim.”

Mr O has now been charged without detention, it adds.

Following the charge, Seoul’s culture ministry decided to stop broadcasting a government commercial featuring Mr O, according to local reports cited by AFP news agency.

Squid Game – Netflix’s most popular series of all time – is a thriller series which tells the story of debt-ridden people competing for a huge cash prize in a deadly series of children’s games.

Mr O plays the oldest participant in the survival competition.

Source: BBC

Continue Reading

Crime

Insecurity: Bandits Impose Levies On Communities In Zamfara

Published

on

A ‘compensation levy’ of varying amounts has reportedly been imposed on some communities in Zurmi LGA of Zamfara State.

Fidel Info reports that a resident of Moriki, in one of the communities in the local council, Aliyu Buhari, said the bandits had, through released captives, demanded that they be paid the levy before residents will be allowed access to their farmlands.

Buhari said some communities have paid and agreed on a reconciliation deal with the bandits, adding that residents of Moriki are currently working on raising the levy.

“People living in Moriki ward were asked to pay the sum of N20 million to be able to enjoy some level of peace,” he said.

Recently, two people were kidnapped from Dauran community in the council and a ransom was paid for their release, while in Kanwa, over 40 people, who are mostly women, were abducted during a house-to-house search by the terrorists.

The bandits are yet to demand any ransom for the release of the abducted persons.

The bandits had earlier imposed a compensation levy of N20 million on Kanwa community. The levy is to serve as a peace deal between the terrorists and the community.

Despite paying the levy, the residents are currently living in tension, as they believe that the recent mass abduction may lead to another levy.

“Currently, people of Moriki community are processing how to contribute the compensation fee. The fee is to enable them to access their farmlands and live peacefully without any fear of attack,” Buhari continued.

Many communities have already paid the compensation fee. Most of them yielded during the rainy season when farmers needed to work on their farmlands.

“In Moriki, during the rainy season, people were allowed to farm, but they started to threaten our peace when it was time to harvest our farm produce.

“Each household in Moriki has been asked to contribute N6,500 to make up the N20 million levy.”

“I understand that the deadline for the payment was last week Saturday, but the community is still working towards sourcing the money.”

“Some communities that have been asked to pay compensation levy include Gidan Shaho, Kadamutsa, and Dada.”

Continue Reading

Trending