Connect with us

News

FRESH: FG Makes U-Turn, Apologises For Asking All Bank, Account Holders To Re-register

Published

on

The Federal Government has apologised for asking all account holders in the country’s financial institutions to register their details again.

Recall that The FG had earlier asked all account holders in banks, including insurance companies, to fill and submit a Self-Confirmation form.

The order was given despite the possession of the Bank Verification Number and the National Identification Number by account holders on Thursday.

However, in a tweet on Friday, the government apologised for misinformation.

It tweeted, “We apologise for the misleading tweets (now deleted) that went up yesterday, regarding the completion of self-certification forms by Reportable Persons. The message contained in the @firsNigeria Notice does not apply to everybody. FIRS will issue appropriate clarification shortly.”

End.

News

Presidency Reveals Why Buhari Did Not Speak on Lekki Shooting In State Broadcast

Published

on

The Presidency, on Saturday disclosed why President Muhammadu Buhari did not mention the Lekki toll gate shooting in his nationwide broadcast addressing the issue of #EndSARS.

Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, disclosed that his principal did not mention the shooting because it would be “premature and presumptuous.”

The Fidelinfo gathered that, Adesina, while appearing on Channels Television’s programme, Politics Today, explained that the shooting was being investigated by the military.

He said: “The Defence Headquarters issued a statement to say that it was investigating the matter. Lagos State Governor has also set up a probe panel to investigate what really happened.

“So, the President couldn’t have said anything because it would be premature and presumptuous while investigation is ongoing.

“It is after investigation has been concluded that he can speak on the matter.”

Buhari had received some backlash from Nigerians over his silence on the Lekki shooting recorded carried out by soldiers.

End.

Continue Reading

News

Curfew: Kwara Govt Exempts Essential Workers

Published

on

The Kwara state government has exempted essential workers from the 24-hour curfew in the state.

The state government said the exempted essential workers are media workerse, bankers, health workers and others.

The Fidelinfo gathered that development was contained in a statement made available by Harriet Afolabi-Oshatimehin, Hon. Commissioner for Communications

The statement reads:

“This is to exempt persons who qualify as essential workers from the 24-hour curfew declared by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.

“Those covered in the exemption are health workers; media workers (journalists); petrol station workers; bankers. Such persons would only be accorded such privilege if they present their valid (work place) identity cards identifying them as such.

“The government regrets the inconvenience the curfew may cause the citizenry but it is necessary to maintain law and order at this critical time.

End.

Continue Reading

General

UPDATED: Kwara Gov, AbdulRazaq Imposes Curfew In Ilorin

Published

on

The Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has imposes a curfew in the state capital starting from 12 midnight on Friday.

The Fidelinfo gathered that the governor made the announcement while addressing the state on Friday.

The curfew becomes necessary as thugs invades government warehouse and looted palliatives and relief materials.

Details shortly..

Continue Reading

Trending