Connect with us

General

Edo 2020: Obaseki, Dep. Gov. Shaibu Clash Over Campaign Funds

Published

on

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may find it more difficult than initially thought to defeat the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Edo Governorship election as reports have emerged alleging a clash between Governor Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shaibu.

Naija News reports that the clash between the duo was allegedly due to the delay in the release of campaign funds.

The clash was reported to have happened during a leadership meeting on Thursday with Obaseki, Shaibu, the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Osarodion Ogie, Charles Idahosa, and Senator Domingo Obende.

The trouble started when Obaseki commenced the meeting by saying all hands must be on deck to be able to defeat APC. But Shaibu raised his hands to speak.

Speaking, Philip Shaibu allegedly told the governor point-blank that he was not serious about winning the coming election.

He reminded the governor that different committees were set up in the past two weeks but Obaseki had refused to fund them, lamenting that the APC has been in a serious campaign while nothing has happened regarding the PDP campaign.

Shaibu allegedly said, “We have been sitting here doing nothing while Oshiomhole is all over the town. We are losing members every day and all we do is setting up committees every day without funding. I will not take this, you pushed me into fighting a man that made me what I am today, yet all we are seeing everyday is committees with no funding.

“Mr. Governor, I see you don’t understand what this election is all about. You are not serious about it. Do you think it is the little boys carrying laptops here that will do it? If you don’t want to fund the election, then, I have no business being here. I will back out.”

Attempts by Osarodion Ogie to make Shaibu stop proved abortive, as the deputy governor allegedly told the SSG to shut his mouth and sit down.

But Idahosa, a leader from Uhumwonde, allegedly, stood up and backed Shaibu, expressing his fear that Oshiomhole would come after them if they lose the governorship election. He urged the governor to release money for the campaign.

Obaseki, whom a source close to the meeting said looked visibly confused at that moment, requested for the budget of each of the six committees. This request by the governor, the source said, further infuriated Shaibu, who thundered that he was still asking for the budget when APC had been campaigning day and night. He warned the governor that if nothing serious was done, he would walk back to his APC, which he said he left in pains.

However, the chief press secretary to the deputy governor, Mr. Musah Ebomhiana and special adviser to Obaseki on media and communication strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie both denied any such clash.

“It is a wicked rumour, there is no iota of truth. I really don’t know where that is coming from. It is street talk with nothing to it. The relationship between my boss and his boss, that is the governor, is very cordial. The committees have since been inaugurated and the campaign is going on. So there is no truth in it. It is a figment of the imagination of those peddling it,” Ebomhiana said.

“The lie that there was a clash between the governor and his deputy should be dismissed in its entirety. Whatever incident they allude to only exists in the imagination of the purveyors.

“There was, indeed, a meeting with key stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which ended with everyone in high spirit. There was a spirit of cordiality and everyone shared their ideas and inputs on how to deliver the party in the September 19 governorship election,” Crusoe Osagie added.

End.

General

SkysportsNews Declares Support For EPL Teams Social Media Boycott

Published

on

Following the declaration of premier league clubs to boycott all social media platforms from Friday April 30th till Monday May 3rd, in protest of racial abuses received by sportsmen and women via the platforms, Skysports news has also declared to join the boycott.

A statement obtained by the FidelinfoNews on the broadcast giant’s Verified twitter handle @SkysportsNews read;

“Sky Sports is supporting the boycott of social media by football and the wider sporting community this weekend.

From 3pm on Friday 30 April to midnight on Monday 3 May, Sky Sports will not post any content to Twitter or any other social media channels”.

Other sports such as cricket and rugby leagues and clubs had earlier declared to support the boycott and stay off all social media platforms for the same duration of time.

Continue Reading

General

“I Chose Kano To Prove That We Are One” – Tinubu

Published

on

National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has stated that he chose Kano as the host city of his annual colloquium to demonstrate the unity of Nigeria.

The FidelinfoNews gathered that the former Lagos state Governor said he chose the economic nerve center of northern Nigeria to show that Fulanis and Yorubas are one, thereby berating the the already raging secessionist agenda.

“It is to demonstrate to Nigerians at this critical time. It is because there is a Fulani man, a herder man who gave his daughter to a farmer, Yoruba man. And that Fulani, that Yoruba, and some people are agitating wrongly”, Tinubu Said, Making reference to the marriage of the daughter of Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, to the son of the late ex-Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, which took place in Kano in 2018

Continue Reading

General

NANCES Commends AbdulRazaq Over Appointment, Hijab Controversy

Published

on

The National President, National Association of Nigerian Colleges of Education Students (NANCES), Comr. Amb. Mahmud Abubakar has commended the Kwara state Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq over the appointment of Miss Adeyi Kaosara into his cabinet, and the way the governor has handled the Hijab saga in the state.

A statement from the NANCES presidency obtained by the FidelinfoNews also called for peaceful coexistence amongst religious and ethnic groups in the state.

“I join the league of Kwarans and Nigerians across the world who continue to sue for peaceful co-existance between all ethnic and religious groups in the State and across Nigeria reiterating that our diversity must always be positively exploited and used as an inspiration for our collective growth and development as a State and Nation. We do not need a reason to be divided now but every reason to stand united in the light of the multiple storms staring us in the face as Citizens” the statement read.

It added that “It is an exciting sight to behold that yet again our Children/Wards can learn together in the same classrooms and play fields devoid of prejudice of any kind or form; this is the foundation they need to build the future we all desire for Kwara and Nigeria”.

The statement also commended the ‘people driven leadership orientation’ of the governor, which has redefined the status of the state.

“Your sustained commitment to the involvement of Youths in governance which you re-affirmed with the nomination of Kaosarah Adeyi (A Kwara Youth of high repute and great substance) as Senior Special Assistant on Youth Engagements further defines your clear vision to get youths involved in the rebuilding and rebranding of the Kwara they will own tomorrow”, the statement added.

The NANCES President further stated “I wish to reiterate my Commitment to continue to use my experience and position as a youth leader and activist to support all pro-development campaigns to grow Kwara and Nigeria. I make the Clarion call to all Youths across Nigeria to do same, now more than ever before is the time to channel our energy to the cause of helping rediscover our country and making it all she can and should be”.

Continue Reading

Trending